The name "Cave of the Winds" is a bit deceiving. In the 1800's there was a rock overhang --or a cave like structure-- that allowed people to stand under the Falls. The Cave collapsed in the early 1900's but the name stuck.
Cave of the Winds
The Cave of the Winds is open!
Open daily. See schedule below.
This one of a kind experience will create memories to last a lifetime. In order to keep you and your family safe, the following protocols are being followed:
- A la Carte tickets for the Cave of the Winds are NOT available online.
- Capacity in our elevators will be limited to small groups of visitors that are travelling together.
- Elevators will be cleaned at regular intervals.
- Face covering will be required while riding in the elevator and while traveling through the tunnel from the elevator to the Gorge.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations.
The Cave of the Winds is not just for summertime anymore! Experience the thrills and chills of this amazing place and get up close and personal to Niagara Falls from one of the two open observation decks! Bundle up and celebrate winter on this abbreviated journey under the Falls.
Hours of Operation
Cave of the Winds is opened daily from 10 am - 3 pm.
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 26): Closed
- Christmas Day (Friday, December 25): Closed
- New Year's Day (Friday, January 1, 2021): Closed
À La Carte Admission Rates
January 1 through March 31, 2021
- Adult: $5
- Child (Ages 6-12): $3
- Child (Ages 5 and Under): Free
Cave of the Winds à la carte tickets are available at the attraction. Tickets are NOT available online.
Photo Gallery: World Changed Here Pavilion
Check out photos from our exciting new indoor multimedia experience, the World Changed Here Pavilion.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the World Changed Here Pavilion is closed.