Aquarium of Niagara
Accessible by our in-park trolley or a leisurely stroll long our trails, the Aquarium of Niagara has educational exhibits that encourage animal conservation and the highest quality of animal care.
More than 1,500 aquatic animals live at the Niagara Falls aquarium, representing ecosystems ranging from the Great Lakes to coral reefs. Highlights of the Niagara aquarium include over 40 exhibits starring California sea lions, Peruvian penguins, seahorses, sturgeon and more.
Outside, visitors can enjoy the vibrant life-sized painting of a whale, known as the Whaling Wall, created by famed environmental marine life artist Wyland. The Whaling Wall offers a glimpse of the underwater world waiting inside the Niagara Falls aquarium.
Aquarium tickets are available for individual purchase
or as part of the value-added Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass, which is available seasonally.
Even though summer is over, you can embrace the beauty of Niagara Falls State Park and see the Falls 365 days a year. It's open year-round!
Penguin Coast Exhibit
Penguin Coast is an exciting Humboldt penguin exhibit at the Aquarium of Niagara that was added in 2018. It adds interactive features and programming to the highly-popular attraction, while providing a state-of-the-art habitat for the colony to grow to more than 20 Humboldt penguins. It is quadruple the size of the Aquarium’s previous penguin exhibit.
Did you know? The Aquarium of Niagara is one of only 20 facilities in the United States and Canada to house Humboldt penguins, which is a threatened species.
Highlights of the 3,500-square-foot exhibit and gallery include:
- 1,600-square-feet of living space featuring a rock beach modeled after their native Peruvian coast
- Nesting areas
- New 15,000-gallon pool
- Spectacular viewing area for visitors to enjoy above and below water viewing of the penguins in their pool
- New interactive classroom adjacent to the exhibit for educational marine programs
- Space for one-on-one penguin encounter experiences
- Treatment areas for use by Aquarium veterinarians
Visitors will enjoy a variety of intriguing penguin programming:
- Scheduled feedings and presentations
- Hatching and rearing of Humboldt penguin chicks
- Observation of natural behavior
- Routine health assessments by veterinarians
- Increased opportunities for student outreach, education, and research
- Animal encounter programs
Learn more about Penguin Coast and the Aquarium of Niagara.
- Adults: $14.95
- Seniors (Ages 60 and over): $12.95
- Children (Ages 3-12): $10.95
- Infants (Ages 2 and under): Free
You can experience Niagara Falls USA, including the Aquarium of Niagara, and save with coupons that can be used starting January 1, 2019! Learn more about the Winter Wonder Savings Pass.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - Memorial Day 2019
- Daily: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: Last admission is 30 minutes prior to closing.
Humboldt Penguin Photo Gallery
View photos of the Aquarium of Niagara's Humboldt penguins!