Niagara Falls Observation Tower
Elevators at the Observation Tower provide access to the base of the gorge and the boarding site for the Maid of the Mist boat tour. For a multi-sensory view of the American Falls, visitors can go to the base of the gorge and climb a series of stairs to the Crow's Nest, where the views come with complimentary air conditioning and blasts of misty Niagara spray.
Niagara Falls USA Observation Tower provides the only panoramic view of all three Niagara Falls, including the American Falls.
Bird watching is also a popular pastime at the Niagara Falls Observation Tower. Bird enthusiasts have the opportunity to spot peregrine falcons, bald eagles and the many different gull species present in the Niagara Gorge, which has officially been designated an Audubon Important Bird Area (IBA).
2018 Hours of Operation
- January 1 - April 26: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Daily, weather permitting)*
- April 27 - May 18: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Monday-Thursday) / 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Friday-Saturday) / 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (Sunday)*
- May 19 - May 20: 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- May 21 - May 25: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- May 26 - May 27: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- May 28: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- May 29 - June 15: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Sunday-Thursday) / 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Friday) / 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Saturday)
- June 16 - September 2: 8:30 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Daily)
- September 3: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- September 4 - October 3: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Sunday-Thursday) / 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Friday-Saturday)
- October 4 - October 31: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Daily)
- November 1 - November 4: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Daily, weather permitting)
- November 5 - December 31: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Daily, weather permitting)
- Thanksgiving (November 22): Closed
- Christmas Eve (December 24): Closed
- Christmas Day (December 25): Closed
- December 25: Closed
- New Year's Day (January 1, 2019): Closed
The Observation Tower is open year-round, weather permitting.
There will be no Observation Tower admission fee for the winter season, effective November 27, 2017, until the Maid of the Mist opens for the season on April 27, 2018 *. After the Maid of the Mist opens, the rate listed below will be in effect:
- April 27 - November 4: $1.25 per person
Note: *The Observation Tower's spring (April) operating schedule is dependent on when weather conditions allow the Maid of the Mist to open for the season.