Pet-Friendly State Park
Want to bring your dog or other household pet with you on a trip to Niagara Falls State Park? It's a pet-friendly park, so you can share the experience with your furry friend.
New York State maintains the following pet travel rules:
- Only household pets may travel to Niagara Falls State Park.
- Pets must be caged or on a leash not more than six feet in length.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations
- At Niagara Falls State Park, pets are not permitted inside attractions/buildings or on improved walkways and boardwalks.
- Pets may not be confined or leashed in a manner that may cause damage to any natural resources or park property
- Pets are prohibited in any area where pets are prohibited by sign or direction by park staff.
Pet travel exceptions are for certified service animals only.
Please note that pet owners are responsible for caring for and supervising their pets while at Niagara Falls State Park. Pet owners must clean up after their pets, and trash cans are available throughout the park. These guidelines also apply to service animals.