The name "Cave of the Winds" is a bit deceiving. In the 1800's there was a rock overhang --or a cave like structure-- that allowed people to stand under the Falls. The Cave collapsed in the early 1900's but the name stuck.
Cave of the Winds
The Cave of the Winds is open!
Open daily. See schedule below.
This one of a kind experience will create memories to last a lifetime. In order to keep you and your family safe, the following protocols are being followed:
- Timed tickets will be required so please plan to visit the Cave as your first stop of the day. Capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly.
- A la Carte tickets for the Cave of the Winds are NOT available online.
- Capacity in our elevators will be limited to small groups of visitors that are travelling together.
- Elevators will be cleaned at regular intervals.
- Face covering will be required while riding in the elevator and while traveling through the tunnel from the elevator to the Gorge.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations.
- Staff will be on the decks to encourage social distancing and ensure that all visitors are enjoying the Cave of the Winds as safely as possible.
- Please note that due to an abundance of caution, the World Changed Here Pavilion will not be opened and sandals will not be provided.
The world changed at Niagara Falls! Go beyond the brink and get closer to the Falls than you ever imagined at the Cave of the Winds. Plus take in the wonder and history of the Falls at the new indoor multimedia experience, The World Changed Here Pavilion, which is open year-round!
Before descending into the Niagara Gorge for your breathtaking one-of-a-kind adventure, learn how Nikola Tesla harnessed the power of the Falls to create alternating current, experience what Niagara Falls looked like before it was a park and witness why people from around the globe have been drawn to the edge of the Falls for hundreds of years as you travel through the World Changed Here Pavilion.
Then it is time to prepare for the power of the Falls! You will be outfitted in souvenir sandals and ponchos that will do their best to keep you dry before descending 175 feet into the awe-inspiring Niagara Gorge. Exit the elevator cave and find yourself on a series of wooden walkways that will bring you to unbelievable “Hurricane Deck” where you are within feet of the crashing Bridal Veil Falls and surrounded by tropical storm like conditions—even on the calmest of days! Nowhere else on earth gets you closer to Niagara Falls!
But don’t worry. If you are planning to visit Niagara Falls after October, there are still ways to get up close and personal with the Falls. The Cave of the Winds Gorge Walk is an abbreviated tour that allows you to view the Falls from observation platforms and keeps you a bit drier. And even throughout the winter, you can still experience the wonder in the World Changed Here Pavilion. Plus weather permitting, you can take the Cave's elevator down to the Gorge and admire the Niagara River in our Winter Experience!
The Cave of the Winds and Pavilion is a timed ticketed attraction, and à la carte tickets are available for purchase in the park. Even though summer is over, you can embrace the beauty of Niagara Falls State Park and see the Falls 365 days a year. We're open year-round!
Cave of the Winds
- Adult $19
- Child $16
- Child 5 and under free
- Group (Friday-Saturday $15; Sunday-Thursday $13)
- Education $11
World Changed Here Pavilion
The World Changed Here Pavilion is currently closed.
Hours of Operation* Indicates when last ticket will be sold and last entry to attraction will be allowed.
- Sun-Fri: 10:00 AM - *5:20 PM
- Sat: 9:00 AM - *7:20 PM
- Independence Day Weekend (7/3 - 7/6): Fri-Sun 9 a.m. - *9:15 p.m.; Mon 9 a.m. - *8:15 p.m.
- Labor Day Weekend (9/4 - 9/7): Fri-Sun 9 a.m. - *9:15 p.m.; Mon 9 a.m. - *6:15 p.m.
- Columbus Day Weekend (10/10 - 10/12): Sat-Sun 9 a.m. - *8:15 p.m.; Mon 9 a.m. - *4:15 p.m.
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 26): Closed
- Christmas Day (Friday, December 25): Closed
- New Year's Day (Friday, January 1, 2021): Closed
À La Carte Admission RatesWinter Experience - Winter-Spring 2020
Includes Cave of the Winds Winter Experience and World Changed Here Pavilion access
- Adult: $7
- Child (Ages 6-12): $5
- Child (Ages 5 and Under): Free
- Group: $4/person
- Education: $3/person
Cave of the Winds à la carte timed tickets are not available online. You may purchase them on the same day in person at the attraction in the park.
Group PoliciesPlease refer to this page for details regarding new group policies for Cave of the Winds.
Photo Gallery: World Changed Here Pavilion
Check out photos from our exciting new indoor multimedia experience, the World Changed Here Pavilion.