The name "Cave of the Winds" is a bit deceiving. In the 1800's there was a rock overhang --or a cave like structure-- that allowed people to stand under the Falls. The Cave collapsed in the early 1900's but the name stuck.
Cave of the Winds
Then it is time to prepare for the power of the Falls! You will be outfitted in souvenir sandals and ponchos that will do their best to keep you dry before descending 175 feet into the awe-inspiring Niagara Gorge. Exit the elevator cave and find yourself on a series of wooden walkways that will bring you to unbelievable “Hurricane Deck” where you are within feet of the crashing Bridal Veil Falls and surrounded by tropical storm like conditions—even on the calmest of days! Nowhere else on earth gets you closer to Niagara Falls!
The Cave of the Winds and Pavilion is a timed ticketed attraction, and à la carte tickets are available for purchase in the park, or as part of the value-added Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass, which is available seasonally. Even though summer is over, you can embrace the beauty of Niagara Falls State Park and see the Falls 365 days a year. We're open year-round!
When you visit the Cave of the Winds, you have the option of using sandals that are provided by the park. When you are done using them, please recycle them at the recycle points in the park or bring them home as a memory of your great adventure!
Timed tickets for the Cave of the Winds are only available on the same day, in person at the park. Plan to arrive early to book your time!
Call (716) 285-0705 for more information about Cave of the Winds.
World Changed Here Pavilion
Once the Gorge Walk concludes for the season, you can still experience the wonder of Niagara Falls by visiting the World Changed Here Pavilion. It's open year-round!
Hours of Operation* Indicates when last ticket will be sold and last entry to attraction will be allowed.
Spring Gorge Walk and Fall Gorge Walk (Spring: April 3 - May 2019 - Exact date TBA, weather depending / Fall: October 22 - November 28)
Includes World Changed Here Pavilion and Gorge Walk access. The Gorge Walk is an abbreviated version of the full Cave of the Winds experience. Watch as the decks are rebuilt after a harsh winter and marvel at the power of the Falls pounding over your head.
- April 3 - May 15, 2019 (Exact date TBA - weather depending): 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.* (Daily)
- May 16 - May 22, 2019: 9:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. (Sunday-Friday) / 9:00 a.m. - 8:15 p.m. (Saturday)
- October 22 - November 28: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.* (Daily)
Cave of the Winds
- May 1 - May 15: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.* (Daily)*
- May 16 - June 12: 9 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.* (Sunday-Friday)* / 9 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.* (Saturday)
- June 13 - September 2: 9 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.* (Sunday-Thursday) / 9 a.m. - 9:15 p.m.* (Friday-Saturday)
- September 3 - October 14: 9 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.* (Sunday-Friday) / 9 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.* (Saturday)
- October 15 - October 21: 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.* (Daily)
Winter Experience (Available through April 2, 2019 and November 29 - March 31, 2020, weather permitting)
After enjoying the World Changed Here Pavilion, take the elevator down to the frozen Gorge to admire the beauty of the Niagara River!
- Through April 2: 9 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.* (Daily)
- November 29 - March 31, 2020: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.* (Daily)
- Memorial Day Weekend: 9 a.m. - 9:15 p.m.* (Friday, May 24; Saturday, May 25; and Sunday, May 26) / 9 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.* (Monday, May 27)
- Independence Day Weekend: 9 a.m. - 9:15 p.m.* (Thursday, July 4, Friday, July 5, Saturday, July 6, and Sunday, July 7)
- Labor Day Weekend: 9 a.m. - 9:15 p.m.* (Friday, August 30, Saturday, August 31 and Sunday, September 1) / 9 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.* (Monday, September 2)
- Columbus Day Weekend: 9 a.m. - 8:15 p.m.* (Saturday, October 12 and Sunday, October 13) / 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.* (Monday, October 14)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 28): Closed
- Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25): Closed
- New Year's Day (Wednesday, January 1, 2020): Closed
À La Carte Admission RatesGorge Walk - Spring and Fall 2019
Includes Cave of the Winds Gorge Walk and World Changed Here Pavilion access
- Adult: $12
- Child (Ages 6-12): $9
- Child (Ages 5 and Under): Free
- Group: $8/person
- Education: $7/person
Includes World Changed Here Pavilion and full Cave of the Winds access
- Adult: $19
- Youth: $16
- Group: $15/person (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) / $13/person (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Education/Tour: $11
Includes Cave of the Winds Winter Experience and World Changed Here Pavilion access
- Adult: $7
- Child (Ages 6-12): $5
- Child (Ages 5 and Under): Free
- Group: $4/person
- Education: $3/person
Cave of the Winds à la carte timed tickets are not available online. You may purchase them on the same day in person at the attraction in the park.
Group PoliciesPlease refer to this page for details regarding new group policies for Cave of the Winds.
Photo Gallery: World Changed Here Pavilion
Check out photos from our exciting new indoor multimedia experience, the World Changed Here Pavilion.