Niagara Falls Winter Itinerary
When the temperatures drop and the crowds thin, Niagara Falls State Park becomes even more magical. With trees that sparkle and views that take your breath away, bundle up and come experience what is considered the most wonderful time of the year!Just because the Maid of the Mist is no longer sailing and the decks of the Cave of the Winds are gone, winter is one of the most fun, romantic and beautiful times of the year to visit! There is plenty to do in and around Niagara Falls State Park all winter long! Plan a day or a weekend! You will not be disappointed! Check out these ideas and make plans to experience nature in its most beautiful form!
- Stroll Goat Island and watch for wildlife that spends their winters in Niagara. Don’t miss a stop at Stedman’s Bluff to check out Nikola Tesla as he overlooks the frozen falls!
- Warm up at the Cave of the Winds Pavilion and learn more about what Niagara Falls was like before it was a park and the impact it has made on the world!
- Get acquainted with the animals at the Aquarium of Niagara! Hang out with the tropical fish and maybe even meet a penguin!
- Generate some heat with a visit to the Niagara Power Vista and experience a hands-on and interactive way to learn about electricity!
- History doesn’t stop in the winter. Experience how the soldiers who resided at Old Fort Niagara dealt with winter.
- Wander the walls of the Castellani Art Museum on the campus of Niagara University.
- Treat yourself at the Fashion Outlets Niagara Falls.
- Wine is a sure-fire way to warm up! The Niagara Wine Trail offers options for every taste!
- Shake the chill with a spa day at the Seneca Niagara Casino
- Enjoy a romantic fireside dinner at the Red Coach Inn. Or treat the kids to a rainforest adventure at the Rainforest Café! There a several awesome dining options that are within walking distance of the park! Or try some hot wings at the world-famous Anchor Bar, home of the original Buffalo chicken wing. Check out NiagaraFallsUSA.com for options!
- Book an overnight at any of the local hotels – some even have pools to make you feel like you are on a tropical vacation! Look here to discover your choices.
View Frozen Niagara Falls Photos and Video