Niagara Falls Illumination Requests
Since 1925, the Niagara Falls Illumination Board (NFIB) has provided nightly illumination of Niagara Falls for all to enjoy. This illumination includes a range of colors that alternate throughout the evening and shine over all of Niagara Falls.
Special Niagara Falls Lighting Requests
The NFIB has also helped to raise awareness for hundreds of charities and special causes through special Niagara Falls light show requests.
Special illuminations are limited to one 15-minute block per night at 10 p.m., unless otherwise specified by the Niagara Falls Illumination Board.
Niagara Falls illuminations are governed by the bi-national Niagara Falls Illumination Board. The Niagara Parks Commission (NPC) administers all special color illumination requests within the NFIB policy and current guidelines approved by the NFIB Board.
In addition to illuminations for annual holidays, internationally recognized signature dates and other significant occasions as determined by the NFIB Board, the NFIB accepts requests from non-denominational, non-political registered or nonprofit charities. The request must be significant to the cause and recognized bi- nationally or internationally.
Please note that special color illumination requests cannot be considered for:
- Commercial requests (e.g. product launches)
- Personal occasions (e.g. birthdays, marriage proposals)
- Religious or political events or observations
- Institutions or professions (e.g. hospitals, schools)
How to ApplyTo be considered, all requests must be:
- Received in writing by full completion of the Niagara Falls Illumination Board's Special Illumination Request form available online at https://www.niagaraparks.com/special-illumination-requests
- Completed and signed by a management representative of the official organization making the request
- Received by NPC at least 30 days in advance of the illumination date requested
If you plan to appoint commercial photographers, invite media or organize an event within The Niagara Parks Commission's property (Niagara Falls, Ontario) or the
New York State Parks, Recreation and Historical Preservation property (Niagara Falls, New York) additional rules and permits may apply.
Please visit the following websites for information about associated permit applications, policies, and guidelines:
- The Niagara Parks Commission - https://www.niagaraparks.com/media-room
- New York State Parks, Recreation and Historical Preservation - https://parks.ny.gov/inside-our-agency/documents/Permits/FilmPhotoSoundRecordingApplicationAndPermit.pdf